Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday the 18th 2010

8am 9_18_2010 and a doctor from our Pediatrician's office was in to check on Anthony. A quick 3 minute look over and he said everything is fine. Wonder what he is charging per minute?
A few nurses came in and out checking to make sure everything is going ok. Now it is 1030 and I walked down to the truck to get some stuff. Then I noticed my uncle Mike was driving through the parking lot. We walked up so he could meet Anthony.
     At 1130 I had an appointment to get the free scope on how to install and maintain a car seat. Lots of adjustments that I was unaware of.  When I got back from that the hearing test was going on. They hook up a machine to his ears and forehead. The ear piece sends out a faint sound in each ear. (apparently you hear in one ear at a time when you are an infant until a few weeks) He was sleeping during this test. The machine reads brain waves. So when he hears a sound in one ear the computer read 100 percent for that ear then shut down that side the only sends to the other ear. Then that reading went to 100 percent and the test was over. 20 minutes max. He was awarded his first certificate. Getting awards and he is only one day old. I know everyone is impressed. lol.
      Lunchtime in the cafeteria. Pizza. Not bad for hospital food. Wished I lived closer, I might have to eat here on a regular basis. Cheap and good food.
After lunch he was finally ready to have his circumcision . Our babies doctor Nancy Redeker was backed up. She already delivered a baby and had 5 circumcisions lined up for the day. Doesn't take long. Then the nurse had to show us how to clean it.
Anthony was napping so we decided it was time for us too. 40 minute nap was nice. Then the nurses came in to check on him.
Shortly after Uncle Chad, Lori, Sabrina and Kyla came to visit. A few minutes later Chad, Christen and Lauren came in. We had a party. I think we were over the 3 visitor limit.
Later, Grandma and Grandpa Dennis stopped by to visit. Then Lori B a friend from Laura's work stopped in.
Then G and G Dennis decided to head home. About 1 minute later they came back. They found Great Grandma Rice in the hallway looking for our room. After 8 kids too many grand kids to count and a hand full of great grand kids she hopped right in without missing a beat and held Anthony for a while.
Somewhere during all the visitor lauras food arrived. Lasagna... which was weird because we were missing my cousin Julia and her fiance Kurts wedding shower and the were having lasagna.
Every since Laura gave birth her right thigh was numb and her knee was a little week. They decided to do an MRI. So around 715p
they pick Laura up in a wheel chair for it. The left side of the headphones were broke so the noise was overwhelming. Laura had them stop and pull her out so she could put in some earplugs. She was gone 75 minutes. That means I was left with a crying baby for the first time by myself. I am pretty sure some came in and stopped the clock cause it felt like forever. Anthony cried for a while cause he was still hungry. Not much I can do about it. I checked the diaper and thank goodness he didn't poop. Just pee.I changed him for the first time all by myself. Wrapping him back up in the blanket is the hardest thing to do. Tighter the better. He slept for about 20 minutes. Then woke up and cried. So I held him again. 70 minutes Laura had been gone and I was hopping she would hurry up so I wouldn't have to change a stinky diaper. I finally decided I should check. Sure enough he made a mess. It wasn't too bad by myself. We had been tag teaming the diapers, I was the jack man and she changed the tire. I set everything up and she changed him. The second I snapped the last button, Laura came back. Good timing. On her way back in the elevator, it stopped and shock vertically. Then nothing. Finally the door opened and they were on the correct floor. She asked the guy pushing the wheel chair if that happens a lot. He said no and he was taking the stair from now on.
A quick visit from the anesthesiologist about her numb leg. He said it happen. Will heal in time. The MRI test will be back in the morning.
The rest of the night was feeding, burping and changing diapers.

1 comment:

  1. Tony and Laura, we are all so happy for you! I've been keeping up with the blog to see how things are going...it's been great to get the play by play! Tony, I think you missed your calling...you should be a writer! Love the video of the diaper change! When I played it, Fozzie came running as if someone was in danger! I hate to tell you this, but I will be using Anthony's cry to get my dog to come to me...it's already worked twice! Good luck getting settled at home! We don't want to bother you guys while you are setting up a routine, but know that we are thinking about you all! Colleen

    ReplyDelete