Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Moving To The Big Bed

For at least a month, Anthony has been sleeping in the Big Bed during his nap at Grandma and Grandpa Dennis' House.
About two weeks ago we moved the twin bed (Laura's childhood/early adult bed) from the spare room, to start the transition. He would play a little on it but not that interested in sleeping on it. Around the same time he was waking up in the middle of the night crying etc. Get him or let him cry it out? Well, he had done it before but know he knew how easy it is to crawl out of the crib. My fear is him falling and breaking something. One night I put him back in the crib after crying. I laid on the floor hoping he would fall asleep. Then he started to crawl out. All he did was lift his leg over the rail. It was that easy. So we decided to push a little for the Big Bed. Laura got him to lay down at bed time on it and he fell asleep. First two nights he woke up and came crying in our room. So I slept with him in his bed. The 3rd night he slept all night. 2 out of 7 nights he slept without waking and coming in our room. It is a start at least. Last night he never cried, I just woke up to him running into our room. Happy to be there with us. Hard to take him back immediately so I pulled him up in bed for a few minutes... or hours until he was cramping my style while trying to sleep. Back to his bed we went. Surprisingly, him being able to explore the house without me knowing doesn't bother as much as I thought. It is just part of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment